Search This Blog

The Way We Are...

There is a girl in my head,
she exists but I have chained
her frame and shadow to keep her hidden,
within my conscious,she has never complained

I sit by her when it is day,
yet she lives and loves on another land,
unknown to her my fingers stroke her hair,
unseen the way I hold her hand

She walks home at day's end,
feeling kissed by a gentle breeze,
it is I who imagined her in my sylvan retreat,
where wind chimes shudder amidst whispering trees

It is night and I am breathless,
my Lover lies naked still,
she dreams of me,her unseen fate,
I dream to hold her till
the waking morn..when new fantasies are born

Love has never come to stay,
it has lingered often,changing face,
I prefer to imagine than to be your love,
I need for once a longer embrace

No comments:

Post a Comment