Search This Blog

London:End must reflect the beginning : Final Part


Memories are akin to uncaptured dreams,
they dress the past like paradise,
Oft fishing on subconscious streams,
we catch glimpse of an impossible life.

She made me a spectre of my own self,
I desired her knowing the distance,
every humbling moment that reminded me of her fame,
crumbled my futile insistence.

Be it Trafalgar or Taussauds,
Picadilly or Charing Cross,
her face on the sidewalk,
her lyrics when people talked,
her damning presence had a city engrossed.

Lonely at night,as clouds cover the sky red,
a silent drizzle taps against the window lead,
I hear a door knocked,
I hear it unlocked,
I see you standing at the foot of my bed.

We never spoke much,yet we conversed,
like our first night,two bodies immersed,
the awakening of the senses,
the stripping of pretenses,
that night one body and mind emerged.

You left a goodbye note,explaining no course of action,
I sensed the end of an affair,common animal attraction,
I buried thoughts of seeing again
You, and together being again,
for leaving all would mean sacrifice,
and neither lives,ran by own advice.

A career awaited you,of glitz-glamour,
A life awaited me of common clamour,
We both knew what we needed,
and yet as forever we heeded,
inner voice pounding dreams enamoured.

but that night when they sounded call,
no nightingale sang at albert hall,
..at office they realized,
I was missing..against professional advice!

Two glasses 'clinked' and raised a private toast,
Private wedding atop a Bolognese roof top,
A pair of crazy lovers playing host.

No comments:

Post a Comment