Search This Blog

Immortalized by Death

It was night without moon,
stealth and fear,impatient and undead,
with knives and torches,men sought 
the path of the newly wed.

I watched her descend in grace
from her window into his embrace,
and led them through forgotten alleys,
into God built hidden valleys.

A carriage I lent,with two fine steed,
leading travel to secular lands,
while I,for fistful of lucre
sold a map to the vengeful hands.

The wheels were stopped,
fire - a vulgar death danced,
the town square heard the screams,
of the two who dared to dream.

Follower of the Crescent moon,
the flower born making the Cross,
were separated by death and elders rejoiced,
at the innocence that love now lost.

Yet many miles away,on a vessel at sea,
like a weeping cherubin beside me,
with his child inside,she still believed,
in his presence as she grieved.

She implored I stay,but I must return
to seek out those bloody hands,
to scream out in that redded land,
that the Gift of Love and its nurturing womb,
were alive and 'twas vengeance that was doomed.

I sacrifice my own love of Life to give,
Immortality to him,who burnt,to let Love live...

No comments:

Post a Comment