Search This Blog

Every Dropping Leaf...

I see you.
Alone and naked in the plain.
I see you.
Devoid of leaf and love,just the pain.

Your green turned to brown,
adorning the ungrateful ground,
your body turned to bark burnt
by the scorching sun,that you learnt
gives heat and food and steals youth.

I am the water bearer
who let you dry..I now repent 
for neglect shown
which leaves me crestfallen
to see you grown
into the wreck of life, that I planted.

As I leave my warmth aside
to walk to you,
you put a window between
to be untouched, but seen.

Yet with greater penance
I open the window forth,
and walked out, ego by my side
enhancing belief and self worth.

As I walk to you now,
you put a horizon in front of me,
you are standing by its edge,
standing far and free,
being the elusive incompleteness
I cannot see.

I cannot will to flower.
I cannot break promise and devour.

All I have is the brown stale leaves,
which behind my back,epilogue weave..

One day you shall adorn my garden again
when I am gone,
to be the reminder to nourish equal
every life born.

What has Life, must be helped to Live . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment