Search This Blog

Accidents Will Happen...

As I left the coffee shop,
I met with the greatest
accident of my life,
was a daughter dutiful,
now a mother beautiful,
she happens to be my wife.

Coffee spilled over her skirt,
as she fussed all I could mumble,
Could I take her to lunch?
(call it a hunch)
but I knew I was going to get
a positive response from this stumble.

As we headed to eat,
looking down at each other's feet,
we exchanged names and dates
in an unfelt flurry,
to know about each other
in an incomprehensible hurry,
for I guess we both felt a certain tinge,
of a flame and it had us singed...

Still unable to recall what we wasted,
fine food and wine ordered and untasted,
for we were incapable of remaining
without each other's arms,
unmoving on the dance floor,explaining,
how I was intoxicated by her charms.

Well its been many years,
through grin and tears,
yet I always stood holding your arm,
for nothing else makes me smile like this,
and once in a while it does no harm,
to spill some cold coffee...its my only charm.

A secret madness to extract,
those peals of laughter,keeping life intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment