Search This Blog

Upon Golden Sands...

You had said, good friends often sit close,
so naive...for hours we held hands,
not knowing where the road would lead us,
sitting like lovers, upon golden sands.

The sun was a cupid in our game,
blazing bright to keep watchers unaware,
and bring you by my side,
it gently mellowed as evening came,
I swear it winked from behind your hair,
so cheeky that it should hide!

Smiles were exchanged,
names were called in jest,
and carved on glistening grains,
stories lost their range,
named what we love best,
and how we miss the rains...

Did my thoughts wake you?
An angel you seemed, 
sleeping on my shoulder...
I knew I would take you,
for my own, I dreamed,
and together we shall grow older...

We were soon dancing away,
on an evening in June,
still holding gently your hand,
with a whisper I say,
I love you, as I hear our tune,
played by the wedding band...

Two Single hearts, with a single thread of destiny, 
strung together,
We still hold hands, with the promise of eternity
In love forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment