Search This Blog

A String Of Pearls...

On a night of frost and darkness in collusion,
frantic and blessed scream..
Childbirth, greeted the household.
A child was found amidst tears of confusion,
for her mother, the cauldron of this dream,
lay still, a picture of peaceful, cold.

She grew with toothless grin and charm,
questioning like the blinking eye,herself the teacher,
and as the years passed I was made pupil,
pounding my sensible thoughts,the diabolical preacher

I thought I knew Love,
I could not be further from the truth,
this feeling of watching her gracefully grow,
belittled ashamedly the feelings of my youth

She married wise and happiness knocked
once more,the household breathless in wait,
for my daughter had conceived a miracle
would another Angel be writ in our fate?

It seems my fortune is finely measured
it is writ my Love must solitary adorn,
my soulmate left for me a daughter treasured,
now my daughter leaves after a jewel is born

I wish I was a man again,
am just a spineless,story book,
I am weak, I creak, I speak in murmurs,
reading from my memory,to a child that looks,
like her mother with a mischievious brow,
I wish I could linger to see her grow..
to be taught anew,what is Love,once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment