Search This Blog

He Who Traps a Butterfly

There lived a side of me,
far across the seas,
if only I could show you.

I sent him to wander aimlessly,
afraid his melancholy wouldn't let me be,
when I came to know you.

Time gathered moss,
for the Sun-Moon combine
to have night and day entwined

Glitter of the starry sky
spread twinkle in your eye

You oft smiled and my life was blessed
a philander once..now a preacher confessed

Short was the journey to Neverland,
Who was I to trap butterflies in my hand?

I saw it fly across the Seven Seas,
I felt you trapped forever with a part of me

This day I learnt, as of me, there is two of you,
and we both live, as lovers, way we used to do

For while my sorrows found solace in me,
there is a shadow of a face on your's I see

There's a side of us far across the sea,
sent to wander, over timeless sands,
we live on a land that would not let us be,
for trying to trap butterflies in our hands

No comments:

Post a Comment