Search This Blog

Seeing through closed eyes

Imagination,was laid to rest,
giving passage to the highs of reality,
procrastination,had failed the test,
throwing caution to the winds of neutrality.

I was eager and prepared,
but was there occasion for this?
I ungrit my teeth to bite the bullet,
but jaws bit into endless abyss.

Where was I headed to take the Crown?
Was I the fool of the frail hope,
or the toast of the town?
Who welcomed me with open arms?
Did he pump the fist of success,
or pat the back of a clown?

Questions answered with upstart knowledge,
bluffing and huffing at the door,
like the proverbial fox,
who lured the red-rider with his talks.

Revolts against the conscious mind,
slayed by subconscious,lay behind,
thoughts buried deep,
begin their legless creep,
grabbing me with their paws,
digging in their claws,
pulling me down to the abstract ..
to the confusion it attracts.

Unknowingly wise,
I watch the demise,
an ingenuity I never knew I had,
of creativity that has driven me mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment