Search This Blog

My fifteen minutes of fame...

Coffee beans on the floor,
crumpled papers,
unfinished scores,
winking back at the stars,
strumming my guitar.

There was a time, when I was in line
to voice the greatest off their perch,
a mercurial dancer
a much awaited answer
to the 'next greatest talent' search.

Competition never looked so insipid
so uninspired or humbled,
my trained voice shocked
my twirling body unlocked
their innermost fears and they crumbled.

Victory was expected and achieved
contracts signed,car keys received,
an album publicised,
my life now comprised
of glitz-glamour I had not perceived.

A hit that I thought would imprint,
my hands and feet
on the chinese theatre street,
tours and Four seasons galore
I dreamt ignoring the score.

Billboard, I saw my name
on the top and down it came
within weeks for a new sound
was in the wilderness found
spotlights captured his fifteen minutes of fame.

A one-hit wonder tag,
few gigs at vegas in the bag,
but the shows disappeared
foreclosure neared..
back in the trailer park quag..

Life accuses..Life handcuffs,
sometimes we call its threats and bluffs,
it promises nothing but desire
it inspires you to aspire,
success and failure...are peaks and troughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment