Search This Blog

To rest a pair of painful feet...

On outstretched hands,
over coveted lands,
through killing fields 
and 
blades of grass,
which cut as you pass,
I have walked,unchallenged and free,
let me be.

Never a simple road I took,
never stopped to quench by the brook,
never rested for I was being tested,
turning around,I never did see...
let me be.

Now,you ask,to trace my path,
You refuse me a cleansing bath,
I am abhorred to see his Grace,
with such ignorance on his face...

My soul demands it be returned,
my body has already burnt,
give me another to seek,
but make me humble and weak,
so I may be twisted onto your path,
and face not again your wrath...

Or,
let me fail this ethereal test,
push me below for eternal rest,
for,
my feet have walked while you talked...

No comments:

Post a Comment