Search This Blog

Petrichor...

It started to rain..
I was mute,yet,standing beside me,
I could see your mouth gather motion to speak
I could feel the words touch and pass
through my face and wear me down weak
for all I heard and saw
were the words with flaw
arising from the rain around.

I knew not what you professed
my mind too clogged to be assured
was shielding myself from the insane
blatant years of existence in rain
and a thought that I am alive
when unquestionably all I do is survive..

Do you believe me when I say I love you..
You asked and I did not know.
It stirred you..and then they fell
like drops of rain on my fingers
and its fragrant and unvagrant love
showed that no doubt lingers
....
.....
......
As I hugged you, this rain wouldnt
stop for you coudn't
decipher what made up my mind
why I would not leave you behind..
....
.....
......
Today when it rains,
You ask what that kindness was for
All I say is petrichor...

No comments:

Post a Comment