Search This Blog

Shuffled..

Sitting across the round table,
between the seven seas
with two lights of which one revolves
around us and other around which we..

Shuffle the deck and there is hope
of faith deciding fate
of colour negating hate
of language barriers breached
of intolerance unpreached...

Yet as the cards drop
my hand is strongest and yet
you bluff your way into the bet
and force others of gifted mind
to fold their fortunes, lag behind

Who knows what card lies below
for we are playing blind from birth..
my diamonds and hearts are no match
for I must borrow a dark spade to remove earth
in the end to bury myself..if I fail

I see the croupier smile, for he knows
what lies below my showing hand..
has he dealt me the winner's pattern
or am I seeing hopeful mirages walking the land..?

I play..for what choices are left?
we must partake in the game of chance..
pretend we must to care and dance
to His tunes for He deals to test 
our mettle against his best.

No comments:

Post a Comment