Search This Blog

Longing yet unbelonging to Paris : Part II

Paris,La Ville Lumiere,the City of Light,
stood as an oppulent maze,
swallowed by desire and craze,
to find my Lady and left me gazing,
footfalls and shadow chasing.

A description of her brought me clues,
setting out in search of my muse,
whose fair countenance waited upon memory fresh,
to once again savour the flavour,upon her flesh.

My wandering and floundering amidst the glaze,
of the Tower and its lights aflame,
brought me to many similar dames,
yet not she,the will-o-the-wisp of my mind,
making me question how far had I left sanity behind.

The never ending Champs-Elysees had me shocked,
Givency or Gabbana,every door I knocked,
brought me closer to my one night lover,
against dead commonness,
a much yearned bower.

Standing atop the perilious tower,
I see her now..amidst her tribe,
See her perform at the Jules Verne live,
I break my own heart,
and make my furtive start,
back to an existence unthrived.

Someone holds my fallen hands,
turning around I see the eyes I adore,
the face I prepared to see no more,
for no words uttered,quiet reigns,
her position and fame,her silence explains.

I bid fond farewell,avoiding her tears of pity,
I take my journey away from the city,
La Ville Lumiere,that stole my light,
La Ville Lumiere,a city afraid of night.

De Gaulle to Heathrow,a calmer terrain,
works drags me to London,amidst unseasonal rain,
devoid of memory,a forgotten Parisian caper,
perchanced I glanced upon a paper,
only to see her name and spark revival
of Love,for the city awaits her arrival.


(See you in London? )

No comments:

Post a Comment