Search This Blog

Happy Feet...

Beneath the starry night to sprinkle luck,
not for fame or greedy buck,
by the sound of the jingle on telly,
shaking hands and feet below my belly,
I danced for I was a happy pup...

She was too old for me,they say 65!
she offered me bread and jelly,kept me alive,
on days when it rained she let me in,
against the wishes of her kith and kin,
but on clear days,I danced for her grace...

Sometimes gathered an audience fair,
Pringles the Cat,and Bad Boy Pug with no hair,
they tried but they couldnt match,
(Ladies swooned,said I was a great catch!),
and I tap danced and twisted,unresisted!

On weekends it was a gala burlesque,
One handed Rodent Joe cut tickets behind a desk,
Cows,crows,wise owls,and a parrot Willy,
3 hawaiian squirrels with garlands silly,
all watched my Moonwalk and did small talk..

One day,my Lady love became sicky,
Dr.Dull asked her diet be made picky,
she still saved some eats for me from her plate,
I lied when I refused it,saying I was watching weight,
but even with nothing to eat,you coundnt stop my happy feet..


They took her away,in a van flashing lights,
I was crestfallen and stayed up many nights,
then Porky the Pig,heard people upstairs,
say she was breathing her last in intensive care,
and I was on the street,as fast I could go on my worried feet...

She was shocked to see me outside her window pane,
she was glad to see me dancing again,
to keep her smiling I did every dance,
to make her clap I took every chance,
It taught me,Life,no matter how insane,
one must dance even if the paws do pain...

A week later,in a deck chair,
I sipped lemonade,without a care,
with my Lady friend who took me in,
for the docs were convinced this puppy thin,
yelped and barked to make her fight,
when they believed 'twas her last night...

Soon the family gathered and played 'Grease',
and I could see friends peeking in through the trees,
I tried to act nonchalant,but not for long,
for as soon as Travolta started his song,
I was on the floor with the beat,
you couldn't stop my happy feet...

(With due apologies to Warner Bros n George Miller…)

No comments:

Post a Comment